CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Church Shopping....I hate the thought!

So one of the pros to staying in New York City (when I was trying to make the big move decision) was the fact that I LOVED my church there. I was attending the Apostles Church of the City. I can remember walking into church the very first time I visited and knew that this was going to be my church home! I knew that every Sunday I was there I was going to be hearing something straight from the Word. I was connected with a small group that I grew to love and trust and cried the night I went to my small group for the last time. I made friends who I knew were praying for me and would hold me accountable for my actions. I grew stronger in my knowledge of the Bible and was challenged to grow closer to the Lord. As I left the city I prayed and have continued to pray that the Lord would guide me to a place I could call home yet again. So....now begins the quest for a church home. I hate the thought of Church Shopping but in a way that is what you have to do. I have been to a couple of churches thus far and still am searching. I know that I can get plugged into any of these churches I have visited but I want to know that I am going to grow stronger in my faith from attending. I know that the Lord is going to be faithful in guiding me to my new church home, but I pray that I don't have to do much more shopping!!! I have and hopefully will always love going to church and I pray that I find the perfect place for me here in Texas!

6 comments:

Martha said...

Hey friend! God is so faithful and He already knows what church you will call home. Ask Him to show you want you long for quickly and remember that blessings are packaged differently. Have fun!!M

campers said...

I hate church shopping too! With all our moving we have had to shop several times...but God always leads us right where we are supposed to be! I know He will put you there too! Love you!

annalee said...

oh sweet apes, i know God will lead you to the right place. it doesn't make it any easier in the meantime though. hang in there!

Leah J. said...

April ... I am so glad to see an update on your blog and so glad that you are back in Texas. It is so difficult to find a church home. God WILL guide you ... keep us posted!

Abbe said...

april, i hope things are going well in your search. that was definately one of the hardest things we have done as "grown-ups." hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging and back to Texas! I can also relate to finding a church home. God will lead you where he can use you and will bless you!

Where in the metroplex are you? Would love to meet up for lunch sometime!