CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friends ARE Such a Blessing

So I am officially the worst blogger. Sometimes I just feel like I really don't have much to say that is fun or interesting or I don't have cute baby pics like so many of you! But then I get a friendly reminder that I need to update so I do!

These past few weeks have been full of seeing God's blessings at work! There are blessings at work each and everyday that go unnoticed, but THEN there are times that you just truly stop and see them.

Here lately I have been really down in the dumps and just feeling like I don't have anyone to go out and do something with. I know that I have friends and that the Lord has blessed me above and beyond with the friendships I have! However, most of these friends are married, have babies, or live somewhere other than me. So I have been praying here recently that the Lord would put a friend in my life to fill the blues! It was amazing how I saw my prayers answered this week, plus a few others as well.

I have had a friend from high school's phone number in my phone since October, but I just haven't taken the time to call her. So last Friday night when I had NOTHING to do I decided to call her and see what she was up to. I got her voice mail and left a message and she called back on Saturday and left me a message. In her message I could tell something just wasn't right. She sounded sooo sad. So I called her back on Monday and soon learned the reason for her sadness. I am not going to share the story as I am not sure if she would be ok with me sharing with so many, but it is one of the saddest stories I have heard in a long time. She has lost someone very close to her, but in her sadness all she could talk about were the blessings from loving this person. She kept saying how blessed she was that she finally felt love and what to love someone really meant. It broke my heart to hear her sadness. But in this sadness I started to see two prayers being answered. Right now all she needs is a friend and right then all I need was a friend. We were able to go to dinner and to the Mav's game on Wednesday together and it was so good to just spend time with an old friend. Plus we already have plans to get together again soon! I can just see how the Lord is working!

Secondly I was able to spend some good ol' quality time with my favorite Flea! That is my wonderful old roommate Felicia. We were able to meet on Saturday in Southlake and just spend the day together. Flea you will never know how much fun I had with you and how much our friendship means to me! Felicia and I have been through so much together and I am so blessed by her sweet spirit. Who would have ever guessed that you would find one of your best friends in your ACU Welcome Week group (and that was Group 3)!

I am so thankful for the friends that God continues to bless my life with. Friendship is one of the greatest blessings He so freely gives! To all my friends out there reading this, I love you all!

5 comments:

Martha said...

I am so happy to see a new post and hear that your prayers are being answered so apparently. I would love to catch up on the past 7 years. Even though it has been that long, I still love and adore you. I miss hearing your Synder voice and I can actually still hear it in my head. My email is magliterog@yahoo.com.I love you and pray that the Lord continues to wow you. He is in the business of doing that :) M

Felicia said...

I am SO glad to see a new post and what a cute blog layout, also! You are such a WONDERFUL friend to me as well and I loved being with you on Saturday as well. I am already looking forward to this upcoming weekend!

annalee said...

reading your thoughts just made my day! i love you!

campers said...

so glad you got to be with Flea and that old friend!!!! Lots of love

Britney K said...

April, It was good to see you at church several weeks ago. I figured you were visiting from NY. Did you move back?! Regardless, isn't it so sweet of the Lord to meet ALL of our needs. I will be praying He fills you up and gives you more opportunities to minister and connect. Blessings.