CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It Finally Snowed!!!

So when I moved up to NYC I knew I was moving into true winter weather. For weeks I have been living with the extremely cold temperatures, but have been hearing of all the snow in Texas and wondering if I had moved away from the snow. Well, today I found out I did not move away from the snow, it just took it a little while to get here.

It is so funny to me how different people respond to snow. If it had snowed and sleeted like it did today where I am from school would have been closed for at least two days and no one would have ventured out of their houses, other than to build a snowman or have a snow ball fight. However, New York City does not slow down one bit! People were out and about tromping through the snow, buses and cars were driving down the streets as always, and schools were going strong!

How did I fair you ask?? Well I stayed inside until the weather man said the worst of it had passed and I had to get out. I left my apartment this afternoon and stepped out into winter wonderland. The snow was covering the streets and sidewalks and I was happy to be wearing my new snow boots! I have been waiting to wear them for a looong time and I finally had a reason to wear them, so I was super excited about that!! So I tromped, literally tromped through the snow and made it to my destination. It wasn't that bad and it was kinda fun to have a new adventure yet again!

I have had a great past few days and I have really enjoyed being up here. Here is a brief synopsis of what I have been up too!

First, I had the opportunity to go on the Women's Retreat with the Manhattan Church of Christ this past weekend. Shiloh's office is in the Manhattan Church's building and I attend church here as well. It was up in the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania at a retreat center. It was a wonderful weekend with a great group of women and we had a great relaxing time. Charme Robarts, from Skillman Church in Texas, was our speaker and she lead us through the book of Mark. Mark is a book I have read several times, but this time it was very real and I really enjoyed the study! I also got to know some of the women much better and feel more connected to some friends now.

Second...Last night me, Kristi (my roommate), Ryan (I work with him at Shiloh), and Teresa (Ryan's wife and a good friend of mine) went to the filming of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I have never been to a live taping of any show and it was really fun to see how it all works. We had to stand outside in the cold for about an hour, but thankfully it had not begun to snow yet and the tickets were free so I couldn't complain about that! The show is so funny, some parts inappropriate, but it was fun and something that you can only do in NYC. Props to my roommate for getting us the tickets!! Then after we were done with the show we went down to Times Square and ate at the Olive Garden. I know some of you are probably wondering what in the world, you live in NYC and you are eating at the Olive Garden. Something I have discovered living here is every once in a while you just need a good ol' chain restaurant. So we went to the Olive Garden and I had soup and salad. I had forgotten how yummy their salad and bread sticks are! IT WAS SO GOOD!!! Plus, while we were there it started snowing it was so fun just to sit and eat a great meal and watch it snow! It was a great night and I had lots of fun!

I needed that night as I have been a little lonely here lately and it was fun just to go out and now worry about a thing! I pray that this post finds you all well and know that I miss all of you that are keeping up with me through my Blog. Have a wonderful night and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

3 comments:

Felicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annalee said...

hi apes! i bet you look SO cute in your new snow boots. we have got to figure out a plan for march when you are in tx again. i miss you mucho!
(i just started my blog this week too, we will get to keep up with each other one more way!) love ya!

Anonymous said...

Yay - so glad you are blogging!! That weather is just crazy in NYC!