CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What's Going On????

Some days you just have to ask yourself, what's going on? Yesterday was one of those days.....!!!!

I had just left my apartment to go to a meeting and I step outside, wait what is this falling from the sky, rain??? It can't be no one said anything about rain, but yes that is what is was. I was already running late for the meeting so I just put my hood on and thought, the heck with this I can get a little wet. So I walked on debating on walking the 12 blocks, taking the subway, or taking a bus. So Kristi (my roommate) and I decided just to take the bus. So we get to the bus stop and wait, and wait, and wait (in the rain with only my hood pulled on) and an express bus passes (doesn't stop where we are waiting) and then another express bus passes. So we decided we should walk up three blocks to the bus stop for the express bus. We get there and wait and wait and wait. We then decide we only have nine blocks to go so lets just walk. So we turn to begin walking and all of the sudden I feel a punch in my arm. Wait a minute did someone just punch me. YES!!! A MAN JUST HIT ME!! I turned around after finally realizing what just happened, and a strange man was just mumbling to himself standing there in the rain. Knowing that there are people all over this city that at any given time aren't with it I just turned and kept walking.

So know I ask myself, what's going on in this world that a stranger would feel compelled to just punch someone in the arm for no good reason. I didn't run into him, say anything to him, and even get a cab in front of him....I was just walking down the street like he was. What could be going in this person's life for him to hit a total stranger. I will never know, but I have to chalk it up to first in my life. I got punched, thankfully it was just on my shoulder and not a couple of inches higher or I might have a broken jaw. You never know what you might run into in this crazy city.

For those of you who know my dad, please don't pass this story on! He is already worried that I will end up in an episode of law and order or nypd blues!

3 comments:

Julie said...

SO HAPPY TO FIND YOU IN THE BLOGOSPHERE!!!

You tell my little student Kristi I want to hear from her and that I am so glad yall are doing well!

campers said...

PYSCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are ok!!

Felicia said...

That is so crazy! I can't believe someone would do that to you! I'm glad it wasn't more serious than that. I look forward to seeing you soon!